Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blessed

Today has been a day that really makes me think of all the wonderful things and people I have in my life. As I watched Jesse outside cleaning out the rabbit cage and shoveling snow, he still had a smile on his face. Everytime he would look up he would smile and wink at me. Then watching Austin and Hailee outside playing in the snow. Hailee was a little scared and Austin picked her right up and helped her to the swing set. As I watched him pushing her on the swings, then he helped her down, and helped her back to the steps. When they were cold they came in and turned the bed warmer on and cuddled. A bit later I walked in the living room where they sat and put a puzzle together. All I could do is just sit back and smile. God has put these wonderful people in my life to be my family and I am so blessed to have them. I don't want to take that for granted.
Somethings don't go the way you want them to, or as you planned but I have learned that we have no control. GOD IS IN CONTROL, not us. It was so hard in November when I had a miscarriage, and I don't really understand why it happened but god has a plan for me. I just have to trust it, and lean on him.
Today has been really hard, because a family member is suffering a loss. My heart goes out to her and aches for her and her family. She was around 34 weeks pregnant, and lost her precious baby boy. Please keep the family of Ryan and Chelsa Knepp in your thought and prayers. She is such a sweet person, and an amazing mom. I pray that she will find comfort.

2 comments:

April Stilwell said...

Sarah-- I'm am so sorry to hear about Chelsa. I don't know her, but was drawn to her pregnancy and followed her blog. It's 4am here in Chicago and I haven't slept all night worried to death about her. I have had a killer headache and came downstairs thinking, knowing that something had happened. I was hoping that at the most, it was simply a preterm birth. I'm just loss for words. Thanks for the update. I will be praying so hard for her.

Laura Raber said...

Sarah - I'm so happy to hear how blessed you are and feel...and how you are appreciate the "little" things in your life! God is God and is in control...and will bless us even through the most difficult times...I am so sorry for your friend's lost! We'll be praying!