Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Party

The wind was crazy here last night, but luckily our power stayed on. I ordered Mr. Gatti's pizza around 5, and shortly after I ordered it Jesse called to tell me he would be working late. I figured with all the wind that he would be busy working to restore power. The kids and I enjoyed pizza and put the rest in the fridge for daddy when he got to come home. At 11:30 pm Jesse finally got home and told me he was to pack for 5 days. YUCK. So we got him packed, but we don't know if he will be gone for 5 days or not. We will have to wait it out and see.
Today the kids had thier Valentine party with our Homeschool Group (Morgan County Home Educators). Austin decorated a football box, and it turned out really neat. Of course this was Jesse's project with Austin but it was put off til last minute, so last night at 730 Austin and I made his box. Austin is a huge Colts fan as you can tell.

I kept Hailee box simple and sweet. Here is a picture of her and her box. She was so proud of it!

The kids loved passing out valentines, playing games, and decorating thier own cupcakes. Of course Hailee loved all the candy :) Here are some pics of the group.
Here is Austin playing with a few friends.
Not sure what I was doing, I think I was talking to Austin so I am making a wierd face... However Hailee is having fun decorating her cupcake. Yummy!
The kids had to pick a heart candy out of the conversation heart box and make a complete sentence. An example someone picked out the heart that says "Ask Me" so they said "Will you ask me out on a date? " It was really cute to listen to them come up with sentences.
So Jesse just called and said he will be home tonight around 11:30p. I don't think it got as bad as they thought so that is good. Not to much really going on here.




1 comment:

Ashley said...

Glad to hear Jesse doesn't have to be out for five whole days. Maybe you will have time together on Valentine's Day!!