Saturday, January 17, 2009

Family Date Day

Jesse, the kids, and I enjoyed a "family date day" today. We left our house around 10 this morning to head toward Bloomington. Our first stop was to Sam's Club. Oh do I love that store. I had to go and get new house phones. Somehow I ruined the other ones. Okay so I dropped one of them in the toilet and the other one's battery woulnt stay charged, so Jesse had enough and was ready for new. I love our new ones we have a base phone with a cord and then 3 cordless ones that go with it through out the house. All of this for 70 dollars, not to bad! Of course while there I stocked up on Laundry soap and toilet paper. After leaving there we headed to eat lunch at the Texas Roadhouse. If you know Austin super well then you know that this is his FAVORITE place to eat. Although you have to watch him cause he always wants to tell them it is someone's birthay just so he can yell YEEHAW. To cute! So we sat and enjoyed family lunch time there and NO I didn't follow my Weight Watcher diet. I took a free day but I am back on track now so no worries. Austin is my Steak Eater and he ate every bite, as for Hailee she is more of a chicken eater. From here we left and went to the movie theatre. Austin and Jesse have been wanting to watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop so we settled in to watch that. Hailee loves going to the movies for the popcorn and candy. I was wise this time and swung by WalMart to stock up on Movie Candy. Yeah there you get a box of movie candy for $1 but at the movies you pay $2.50-$3.50 for a box. I think I had one of everything and saved money. Yey for me. Of course I stuffed them all in my purse to carry them into the movies. Great Idea for all of you that want to save some money when watching a movie at a theatre.
So the movie was really funny, we liked it. Austin laughed the whole time. Hailee did wonderful as she sat there eating her "Nerds."
After that it was back home! We all enjoyed our family day as we always do. Here is a pic of the kids before we left this morning. I think they both were still half asleep.


2 comments:

Whitney said...

Everytime I read your blog, it has always changed!!! You always make it soo cute! Glad you guys had a great day together-I think it is so important to spend time with your family to let them know how important they are!!! Bill and I did that Saturday as well-although we just sat around all day!!! Hope all is well and that you have a great week!

Abbie said...

I'm so glad you updated on your day - I felt like I was "there" with your sweet little family!! You guys are filled with so much happiness and it shines thru - I love you guys!! Have a wonderful week and I miss you like crazy!
xoxoxoxo, abbie lynn