Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a great 2008! I know that we did, and looking back I know that God has blessed us with many wonderful things. I am looking forward to seeing what 2009 brings.
We spent New Years Eve at home together. Jesse is on call with work and got called out several times on New Years Eve but was home by 5 and didn't get called out the whole night. We ordered pizza and had a movie to watch. We all laid around on the couch while watching our movie. I absolutely love laying around on the couch with my whole family, nothing better than just being together. Hailee had feel asleep around 8, but woke up at 11. We all were awake at 11:59 on my bed- holding hands for the countdown. Then at 12 we watched the ball drop and yelled HAPPY NEW YEAR. lol. By that time I was ready for sleep, I am not a late owl by no means.

Today there isn't much going on, just hanging out at home with Jesse and the kids. I love doing that! My New Year's Resolution wasn't hard to think of this year. Every year it is the same thing and I never stick to it, so this year I made one that I am going to stick to. Jesse and I's are the same! Our resolution is to make sure that we have a date night at least once every two months. Date Night as in just me and him. I love my kids and all, but I feel that every couple needs a night of just them. We hardly ever do anything if it doesn't involve the kids because we don't like to leave them, but I think it will be nice getting to have adult conversation without the kids snooping into the conversation. LOL. That happens alot here.

Well that is all for now, need to get back to the kids. Happy 2009 to All!!

2 comments:

Chasity said...

Hey Sarah - Happy New Year! You guys made a great resolution - Shane & I's date nights keep me sane :)

April Stilwell said...

Happy New Year Swartzentrubers!!!