Sunday, September 6, 2009

Country Drive

On Saturday we met Jesse's mom (Cindy) in Spencer so the kids could go to Grandma's house. Cindy and Bill have all the grandkids this weekend. Hailee and Austin were looking forward to it and seeing their cousins Hayden and Colin. They all four always have so much fun together and are so wore out when they return home.

With them being gone, Jesse and I drove through a few car lots looking for our next car. Just not sure what I want, or what path I want to take. I am not in to big of a hurry~ thankful to my mom for letting me use one of their cars. :) Then Jesse and I decided to take a drive through the country. This is something we haven't done in ages. We drove through the country looking for land or houses for sell that we might want. We would love to move, but that isn't going to happen right away. I guess it doesn't hurt to look though huh? Gave us an idea on places we would want to go. We currently live in a subdivison and well... we just miss the country living. It was so nice to be able to drive around with my husband and have nice conversation without being interupted a millon times. Ha ha.

After returning home Jesse finished up on a few things he wanted to get done around the house while I straightened up the house and did some laundry. We grabbed TACO BELL for supper came back home and settled in with a movie. I think we both needed just some quality time together! However we ended up talking about Austin and Hailee and how we miss them so even though it hadn't been a day since they were gone. We are so blessed with two amazing children and know that the little boy will add to it!!

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Sounds wonderful!! It is nice to have some alone time. But we always seem to miss the little stinkers don't we?:) Glad you had such a relaxing day, you deserve it!

April Stilwell said...

I'm so jealous!!! As much as I LOVE living here in Virginia, I do miss living close the kids grandparents. I would love to have those nights where it's just me and Brian....and know that my kids are having fun with family. It sure beats paying $50 for a night of babysitting!!! I'm so glad you guys are taking advantage of this time. Not too much longer you are going to be BUSY :)

Hope you start to feel better!!!!