Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mixed Emotions

Today has been a really hard day for Jesse and I, along with the family. It is never easy loosing someone. As many know, we miscarriaged a little over a month ago, then today our grandma Eaton passed. It is just been an emotional two months for us. This weekend is going to be a hard one as we say our goodbyes, but we will know that Memaw Marjorie will be in a better place.
It is so important to treasure all the time that you do have with the ones you love. I am so blessed with this amazing family. Jesse, Austin and Hailee are absolutely wonderful and I know that God placed each one in my life for different reasons. I truely see this, and am so thankful to have them. I hope that everyone realizes how blessed they are with thier families.
Jesse, Austin, Hailee and I have started sitting in a circle everynight and saying a prayer together. I also print out these daily devotionals for kids and I just love them. I feel that they really relate to us daily. Austin and Hailee really get into this to and remind us everynight that we need to sit in our circle. I love listening to Hailee and Austin talk to God. They make me so proud, and amaze me at the things they say. This really puts a smile on my face..

Tonight Austin's dad called... Its been a few months so I guess he was due to pop in. He called and wanted to talk to Austin. Austin didn't really want to talk, but I said just talk to him. Austin got on the phone, had a small conversation then handed me the phone. Pretty much all Mike wanted was to know what to get Austin for Christmas.. It is really sad because Mike one day will regret his decisions that he has made. Austin is at the point where he doesn't care if he see's his dad or not and refers to him as Mike. I try to explain it to Mike but I feel like I have done all I can. I can't make him change all I can do is pray for him.
I just feel like there is so much going on right now and just when you think things are going good, then they can turn around in an instant. You just never know, but God will guide you through everything and I have to let him have control. Good night to you all, xoxo

4 comments:

Chelsa said...

praying for you guys!

Ashley said...

I said a little prayer for guys last night. God always gives the greatest moments in our life but then gives us the sad too. It is just at these times in life it seems so hard. Stay close to your family and you all will get through this together!

Chasity said...

Sarah - I totally understand what you & Austin are going thru w/ Mike...Nick & I have absolutely been there w/ Steve but I have to say Steve is currently doing a much better job of connecting w/ Nick then ever before. This is of course a mixed blessing b/c I want them to have a relationship but only if Steve doesn't revert back to his old ways; most days I just want to keep him w/ Shane & I where I know he's being loved & disciplined the way he should...like my kids have pointed out to me before - it can be tough being a parent :) I'm also keeping you all in our thoughts as your family deals w/ the loss of your grandmother. ~Chas

Bethany said...

May God give your family peace during this season of your lives!