Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trick R Treat

What a crazy day it has been, seriously. I had lots to do today, and still feel like I have tons more to go. I had to finish up Austin's costume, just the head piece, which was a bad experience. I figured out I am not near as talented as I thought I was. Austin decided he wanted to be a mummy for Halloween, and I thought I could make that costume. The body part wasn't to bad at all, but then there is the head piece. I started out by hot glueing strips of sheets on a ski mask. Well I got done and though wow I did a great job, so I told Austin to try it on. Well he couldn't get it over his head. I got the pieces to tight. So I cut it off and started over. This time I told him to put the head thing on and I would glue it that way. So I tried that and well, he couldn't get the mask off. At this point he was flipping out. I had to cut it all off again. I finally figured out what to do, and suceeded at it on the third attempt. LOL. Here is Austin and his mummy costume.


Hailee is going as a chicken for Halloween. I bought a costume, and I thought it was so cute. She loves trying it on and walking through the house making chicken noises. She is thinking she needs some eggs to carry around because Chickens lay eggs. Wow a two year old and her ideas.

Here are the kids together in thier costumes. Our trick or treating isn't til Friday night, but we did a trial costume try on tonight. Looking cute, HUH?
So the kids are looking forward to getting the goodies from our neighborhood and families. This weekend is going to be a crazy, fast weekend. Saturday we have a soccer game then headed to Odon for family pics. We are spending the weekend there in Odon, and going to try to get everyone fit in to our schedule. Until next time.


2 comments:

Chelsa said...

they are both adorable! and you are more talanted than i am! i would never even ATTEMPT to make B a costume! lol

April Stilwell said...

Very cute costumes!!! You did great on the mummy!