Thursday, October 2, 2008

Rabbits!

So we recently added two rabbits to our family tree. Austin's rabbit is black and white, named chomper.

Hailee picked the grey and white one, and named it RUBY.
Here is a picture of the two of them in a cage. They enjoy carrots and the kids love feeding them.
Austin and Hailee together posing for a picture!
Here is the cage we had to purchase from Rural King. Of course we had to have the fancy one and no cheapy... Anyways so the rabbits are adjusting very well, and the kids are doing thier part in taking care of them every day.
This week has been crazy, but is getting better. Today we had soccer practice and it went very good. Of course Jesse had to work through this practice, but I have alot of awesome parents that help out. Makes it super nice. I am still awaiting the arrival of my computer so hopefully it will be here next week or soon. Homeschooling is still going good and we are hitting the books super hard. Austin has a game on Saturday early, so we are all looking forward to that. I will post how that goes at a later date.

3 comments:

Chelsa said...

love how hailee named her rabbit "ruby", i'm guessing off of max and ruby?! lol too cute.

Sue said...

You don't know me but I noticed your blog listed on Amber Taylor's blog list. The Swartzentruber name captured my attention because my maiden name was the same. After looking at your pics I'm pretty sure your husband belongs to Bill and Cindy. Am I right? Bill is my first cousin. My dad was a brother to Pete. My curiousity was also peeked when I saw your husband works for Duke. I work for the REMC in Loogoote and we had major damage from those winds too. Anyway, nice to find a relative on the net. :)

Sue (Swartzentruber)Graber

ps Your children are just adorable!

Sheena said...

what do you do with the rabbits in the winter months? we were wanting to get some but i didn't know if they could stay out in the cold