Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Getting Ready for Turkey Day!!

The turkey is thawing, pies are ready to be baked, homemade noodles are made... Wow, there is so much cooking to do even if it is just the four of us. This is our first Thanksgiving meal at home. We usually always go to my mom's for my Grandma Hollis's thanksgiving, and I will really miss that this year. Jesse is on Call this week and I don't want to travel alone so we are staying home. I am excited about cooking all this good food, and lounging around all day long with Jesse and the kids.. Hopefully I can pull this off without burning something. SERIOUSLY! I will let ya know how it all goes:)

2 comments:

Laura Raber said...

Hopefully the turkey's been thawing for a couple of days ;-) You'll do great!! I just did my first turkey day meal and it was a snap...well, I did the turkey, home made noodles, green bean casserole, and apple salad my friend Myra did the rest of it.

Chasity said...

a relaxing Thanksgiving at home?! I'm jealous!! Good luck w/ all the cooking...the thought of cooking a turkey still intimidates me :)