Sunday, November 16, 2008

Getting Ready...

This weekend was such an amazing one. Times that I can be at home just doing little things with my kids and husband are the best. Our weekend started with some cleaning, which Jesse was a slave driver. He was ready to help, no matter what he had to do, and didn't quit til it was done. I have a great husband, seriously... Today I picked up the house, and we started on our Christmas decorations. The kids were so excited to put the tree up, hang on decorations, and lay out the stockings. I know-people are telling me I am doing it to early, but I am in the Christmas mood:) The kids ate dinner, took baths, and were ready to decorate...
Here is a pic of Austin and Hailee in thier jammies getting ready to decorate.
Thank goodness my tree is PreLit! I love that and it saves so much time. Austin and Hailee were so big on helping put the ornaments on.
After we got most of the tree done, we did a few Christmas Crafts. It was so much fun, all of us gathered around the table discussing all kinds of things. Austin and Hailee made these cute little "Wish List" booklets to hang on the tree. Here is Daddy trying to help them out.
After the booklets were done, we also did a snowman ornament. So cute. Here is Austin and Hailee showing off what they made.
Here is the tree, finished for now, until my next trip to WalMart. Now all it needs is some presents under there.
We really spent alot of good times together this weekend. It was so wonderful doing all these fun things together, and just watching Austin and Hailee discuss Christmas. Hailee has asked several times, "Where is Santa at?" and "Why don't we get to see him?" Austin explains everything to his lil sis, over and over. Jesse also got our lights hung up outside and they are all ready to be lit the day after Thanksgiving.
Hope you all had a nice weekend. Jesse is on vacation this week so I am sure I will have lots to write about this week. Til then...




2 comments:

Chelsa said...

we always put our tree up the day of thanksgiving, it's just what i always did w/ my mom, every year, so now it's our tradition too! ryan thinks i'm a bit nuts about the tradition, but he always goes along w/ me :)

i don't think you are doing it too early, other people i know have put theirs up too (melissa yoder). :) i seem to be in the christmas mood earlier this year too for some reason.

hope you are doing good!

p.s. the snowman ornaments are adorable! how'd you do them??

Ashley said...

Looks like you had a great time putting Christmas stuff up. I always LOVE putting our tree up the day after Thanksgiving...something I always look forward to doing. Kind of like what Chelsa said, my mom always put the tree up after Thanksgiving so here I am doing that too. haha. Can't wait to see what the lights look like outside.