Friday, November 21, 2008

WALMART...

Okay so I am just really curious about everyone and thier WALMART Bill... Mine seems to be like outrageous. Jesse and I went to WalMart to tackle our list. We usually go every two weeks and get our groceries. Seriously I just can't figure out how my bill is high, yet I don't really have a lot or well it doesn't look like I do when I get everything put away. I usually can't leave there without our bill being from 150-200 dollars every two weeks. Goodness. I mean I do cut coupons, not alot, but some. Anyone have any advice or am I just like everyone else with kids and a husband.

3 comments:

Autumn Brown said...

I think it is just part of going to Wal-Mart. I told Doug when I got home last night I said I spent almost $200 and I don't feel like I hardly got anything for supper. I try to shop at Aldi's here in town which is a cheaper place to buy groceries and I haven't found anything bad to eat there yet but they don't have everything we need or like. Everybody always tell me Walmart is the devil and I am believing it. I just try to stay out of that place except every 2 weeks and I have saved money that way. I used to go when I needed something and you would spend $50-$100 everytime you went. Of course I bought extra stuff for THanksgiving this time but it never fails the bill is always high. I try to stick to the list as much as possible and I am so much better off not going with kids or sometimes even Doug because he doesn't like to stick to the list so much and adds extras. ha ha How is Marjie? April texted the other day about Christmas and said she wasn't well. Is it getting pretty bad?

Bethany said...

Sarah, same here alwasy 150-200 every two weeks. And, I usually have to go to the grocery in between my Wal-mart weeks. If you find a solution, let me know!

Laura Raber said...

Sarah - I started planning meals after a discussion with my friend Myra. I "cruise" the internet for recipes and plan out each meal. Then I buy only what I need to fix the meals on the list. I always buy some snack items (string cheese, whole grain goldfish, raisins, etc.) and I always have pasta and sauces in the cabinet for when we're in a pinch...I have been able to reduce our Walmart bill alot by doing this...of course-I'm still buying diapers AND pull ups right now too. I just had to get serious about my grocery budget! Hope this helps!