Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

The morning started out at 5:45 am with the phone ringing, Jesse getting called out to work a power outage. I couldn't sleep from there so I got up started laundry, cleaned a bit, and got stuff set out for my lunch. I started cooking around9:30 and by 11:45 our Thanksgiving Feast was prepared. Still no Jesse though. So the kids and I got our plates, said our prayer and discussed all the things we are thankful for everyday. Our meal was so good! I just wished Jesse could of been there to sit at the table with us, but I know that work needed him. After lunch, the kids and I laid around the house watching movies, playing games, and just talking. Jesse finally got home around 1, so I warmed him a plate.
We had a great Thanksgiving, but did miss our visits with other family members. We usually are trying to visit a number of households on Thanksgiving, so this was a little different for us. I am so thankful to be blessed with such a terrific husband~ Jesse, and two amazing children~ Austin and Hailee. They are my world, and I don't know what life would be like without them. God has blessed me with so many wonderful things, and I am so thankful. I feel like everyday should be Thanksgiving. It isn't about the food, but about being with ones you love and really thinking about all the different things you are thankful for or blessed with.
Even though I had a great day, at times my heart would just be sad. Austin had a great day, but did mention that his dad didn't even call him. How does a father do that? He hasn't talked to him for awhile now, about two months. I just don't understand, on Thanksgiving Day you think of all the wonderful things you have in your life. God blessed Michael with a wonderful son, and I feel that Michael is to blind to see it. Austin is amazing, such a terrific son. His heart is so big, he is so forgiving, so loving... I am so thankful that God gave me Austin, then put Jesse in my life, and blessed us with Hailee.
Hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Abbie said...

O Sarah, I just love reading about your sweet little family - sounds like you had a relaxing Thanksgiving...just the way it is supposed to be:) My hearts breaks for Austin when you said that Micheal hasn't called in two months - he has no idea what he is missing out on Sarah. But you know, and I know that you and jesse make up for everything Micheal lacks as a father. With parents like you and Jesse, Austin will grow up knowing he is more loved than he will ever know completely:) Just keep on doing what you do best - being an awesome mother!!