Thursday, September 18, 2008

Homework

As many of you know, I homeschool Austin. He does amazing and really learns alot of things. I just want to share this short story.
Austin is learning about Capitalization and periods in Language. Also, how to abbreviate a person's first and middle initial (example: S. L. Swartzentruber). Anyways so he was working quietly on his Language paper. The last problem on the page said: Write a sentence about your father using his first and middle initial. Austin then asked me how do you spell Swartzentruber. Ha ha. So I spelled it for him, not knowing what he was doing. When he got done he turned in his paper and I sat down and went over it. As I read the last problem and his sentence I got teary eyed. He wrote: J. W. Swartzentruber is my dad, and I love him very much. Austin must of saw me with tears and he said, Mom what is wrong? I then told him that it means so much to me that Austin wrote that all on his own. He see's Jesse as a dad, and never even questioned that. I am so proud of Austin. I have never cut his real father out of his life, even though at times I wanted to. I just feel that Austin's real dad has let him down so much, and not been there for him that Austin is realizing this. Austin has turned to Jesse for a father figure and they do all the father/son things together. I am just so happy that Austin has Jesse in his life and he loves him and looks up to him. Jesse is a good role model for Austin, and I know that Austin will take all that he learns from Jesse with him for when he has his own family. Just another time that God has blessed me with all the wonderful things.

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

does austin see his biological father? it's so good that he has jesse!