Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh the Weather...

It was so windy here today. I couldn't hardly believe all the wind and the steady amount of rain. Goodness. Jesse faithfully watched the duke energy website cause he just knew that he would be called out to work. Austin was watching the colts game and Hailee was trying to watch cartoons, then it happened.... Out went the power. Oh my, what a mess. Our power went out around 3, and shortly after Duke had called Jesse in to work. At the time he left Morgan county had 274 people out of power, but that number went up fast. There was really alot of power outages in Indiana on this day. So off Jesse went to work, and well I was at home with my two kids, dog, turtle, hermit crabs, and our fish....oh and NO POWER! Yeah that was enough to make me go crazy. Of course the kids grab the Nintendo DS, puzzles, board games, Vsmile handheld, and a few other things. However it didn't take long for the batteries to go dead and well we can't charge them without power. What a long night it was... I heard stories over and over again that Austin loves to tell, and Hailee makes her's up to. I had to hear lots of gripping about not being able to see who won the football game, how hot it was, how they wished it wasn't raining, how they wanted real cooked food, oh and the list goes on. Typical kid complaints that I just love. Everyone in my bedroom, when one goes to the bathroom we all have to go together. ha ha. Around about 9:50P, we were thanking Duke Energy, or Dad for allowing our power to be back on. It is so hard to keep these two entertained with no power, by the end of the night I had a headache. And well Jesse is still working so Austin, Hailee and I are all cuddled in my bed... That is the part that makes it okay. Watching my two little ones sleep, and wanting to sleep in my room since Dad isn't here. They are so precious!

No comments: