Friday, September 12, 2008

Our 1st Practice Game

I had scheduled a soccer practice yesterday, cause we have a game on Saturday. Our first one at that! Of course Jesse had called and had to work over so I got the kids ready and headed to practice. I had to pack enough stuff to try to keep Hailee entertained while I worked with the kids. LOL. We got to the soccer field and it was sprinkling steady. Nothing new, nice soccer weather. Ha ha. We had probably practice for 10 minutes when another coach came to me and asked if we wanted to scrimage his team. Sure we would. How fun is that? So I got everyone ready and we started to play. I tell you what, my team really suprised me. I have questioned myself on things we work on, and was hoping that they were learning and listening. After about 5 minutes of playing then Jesse pulls in and is there to help, which made it nice. Each and everyone of them worked together as a team, passing the ball and shooting the ball. Our goalie's did amazing and didn't let a ball by them. It was awesome. In the end the score was 6-0. Austin made 4 of the goals but I know at least two of them he had assistance in setting them up. I was so proud of my team, and it just made me feel like maybe I am doing something right. When the game was over we did our team cheer, had popscicles and went our seperate ways. But Soccer was the talk at our house that evening. It usually is:)

No comments: