Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Breaking bad habbits

Since Austin was real little, he has always slept with a tv on. It is like his comfort thing. Well lately I have noticed that he is still watching tv at 11:30 or later~ then he wants to sleep until 11am. I am trying to break this habbit, and let me tell ya it is soo hard... I never started this with Hailee, however I need to work on breaking her from my bed... She will go to sleep within 3 minutes of turning of the tv as long as Jesse or I are laying with her. Usually in my bed. So last night I made Austin shut the TV off at 10, and it was awful... REALLY! He fell asleep by 11:15p but he wasn't pleasant or quiet about this new rule. I let him watch it til 10 just because Wrestling was on so I gave him an hour to watch it then told him he could finish the rest tomorrow since it is DVR'd.
Does anyone else have this problem, or have any advice to make this process a little easier?

1 comment:

April Stilwell said...

The process probably won't be easy :) My best advice is to just be consistent. Parker used fall asleep for nap in my bed and watching cartoons. When we moved here, I wanted it to stop... he was very upset. I just didn't give in. He would say "just one toon?" and I would be tempted to let him...but I just wanted him to know that I was serious. after about a week...he stopped asking :) Good luck!