Monday, May 4, 2009

Field Trip/ Getting back in the groove...

It was hard this morning to get back into the groove of things after being on vacation all week. I got up and fixed Jesse breakfast and packed his lunch, then headed back to bed to sleep another hour or hour and a half. When I got up, I went in the bathroom and found a sweet little note that simply said I love you from Jesse on my mirror. That really set the day, I love his little notes and am excited when I get one cause they are rare.
Austin had to start back up on his schooling today and it was hard for him to stay focused. He did get it all in though, so I am thankful for that. At 2 P we had a field trip planned with our homeschool group to go to Cikana State Fishery in Martinsville. It was really neat to see how things are done, and was educational for the kids. Here are a few pics I took while there.

Austin and Hailee
Enjoying their snacks~ goldfish and gummy worms. How creative huh!! Thanks Kristal for a wonderful field trip.

The group at the fishery


Walking to the ponds.


Austin was really focused on what was going on. He was full of great questions!

Jesse pulled in right after we arrived home. The kids were excited to see him. Now he is out working on putting the swingset back together. Hopefully that will be done tonight, I know that is his goal. Well I am off to fix supper and enjoy some time with the kids.



2 comments:

Sheena said...

looks like fun!! Can't wait to get together soon!

Chelsa said...

glad you had a good day! i love those unexpcted notes/text msgs too :)